YelpDe Happy Cajun 16 reviews50055 N State Hwy 289
Pottsboro, TX 75076
- Events on October 2, 2014
- Fred Spears & Friends at Loose Wheels TexasStarts: 8:00 pmEnds: October 2, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: 4716 Pool Road Denison, TexasDescription: Fred Spears and Friends help make Thursdays one of the favorite days here at Loose Wheels, Texas. Young and old alike appreciate the talent on stage. If you haven't checked us out come see what you've been missing!
Contact: (903) 464-9119
Web Site: http://www.loosewheelstexas.com/
More Info: http://www.laketexoma.com/event--Fred-Spears-amp-Friends-at-Loose-Wheels-Texas/2185
- Events on October 3, 2014
- Camp DragonflyStarts: 12:00 amEnds: October 3, 2014 - 12:00 amLocation: 418 Stanton Way Pottsboro, TexasDescription: Children grieve differently than adults. Some children have behavior problems, some struggle with school work, some become argumentative or fearful, some hesitate to be away from a parent, and many don't like to be alone. There is a great need for these kids to find support and guidance through their grief process. The Hope Center of Texoma, an outreach program of Home Hospice of Grayson, Cooke and Fannin Counties is inviting kids who have lost a loved one to attend Camp Dragonfly on October 3-5.
Camp Dragonfly is a weekend retreat, led by professional clinicians and trained staff, for children ages 8-12 who have suffered the death of a loved one. All activities at Camp Dragonfly are designed to help children heal. Kids will participate in art activities, games, nature hikes, discussions, and a camp fire with s'mores.
Children dealing with grief often feel isolated as well, feeling that no one understands. One of the goals of Camp Dragonfly is to give the campers a chance to be with others who can relate to their feelings of grief and sadness and to help them realize that they are not alone. The campers often report feeling better after attending camp.
"My child very much enjoyed camp," said a parent whose daughter attended an earlier session of camp. "She has always felt different from other children and camp seemed to make her feel like she belonged. She even wanted to go to summer camp when she thought it was a week-long Camp Dragonfly! The grief counselor I talked to was awesome! She was very honest and straight forward with me. She even asked me how I was handling everything."
Come see the difference that Home Hospice of Grayson, Cooke, and Fannin Counties is making in this community.
Contact: (903) 868-9315
Web Site: http://www.homehospice
More Info: http://www.laketexoma.com/event--Camp-Dragonfly/2001
- Home Hospice Golf TournamentStarts: 7:00 amEnds: October 3, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: 586 Country Club Dr Pottsboro, TexasDescription: Home Hospice of Grayson & Fannin Counties Tenth Annual Golf Tournament
October 3rd at Tanglewood Resort in Pottsboro.
Breakfast & Registration start at 7:00 a.m.
Lots of good prizes and fun people!
$100 Registration, includes one entry fee, mulligan's, awards lunch and goody bag.
Visit http://www.homehospice.org for the available sponsorship levels or to sign up.
Hole-in-One sponsor by Ramey Chevrolet. You could really win a car!
Raffle Items include:
One night stay at Tanglewwod Resort.
4 golf greens at Tanglewood Resort.
Wonderful gift Baskets & many others!
Contact: (903) 868-9315
Web Site: http://www.homehospice.org
More Info: http://www.laketexoma.com/event--Home-Hospice-Golf-Tournament/2013
- Fastrac's Sunset / Dinner Cruise aboard Island GirlStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: October 3, 2014 - 8:30 pmLocation: 300 Lighthouse Drive Pottsboro, TexasDescription: Cast away the day aboard Island Girl with Fastrac Charters' Sunset / Dinner Crew. This is a a perfect way to end the day with a 2 hour cruise on beautiful Lake Texoma. We hear all the time that this is some of the best fun you can have on the lake.
Island Girl is a beautiful 65' Excursion Boat with a capacity of 86 people, although we limit our cruises to ~50 passengers for comfort. The vessel is climate controlled on the lower deck and has a large upper deck and bow with plenty of seating. Our professional crew is here to make sure you experience is perfect.
Our cruises depart from Lighthouse Marina approximately an hour before sunset Friday and Saturday Nights. Pricing for Sunset Cruises start at $25 for adults / $12 for the kids. You may also add a fantastic dinner option (see below). All of our cruises are BYOB and we do have snacks and sodas available for purchase.
Our dinner option for this cruise is below. Most people do add dinner... Trust us, it's worth it! We do need to have your order in no later than noon on the day of the cruise to make sure our caterer can make the proper arrangements.
Mexican Fiesta - $15 per person
- Choice of Combination Chicken and Beef Fajitas or Veggie Tacos
- Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, Tortillas, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Chips and Salsa
- Add Cinnamon Churros $4 per person
- Complimentary Water, and Tea. Sodas Available for Purchase. BYOB
All Cruises Kids Menu - Kid's Menu- $8 per child
- Choice of Chicken Fingers, Hot Dog, Grilled Cheese
- Choice of French Fries, Fruit Salad
- DESSERT $2 Brownie or Pudding Cup
For more information or bookings, call Fastrac Charters at 903.361.0775. Advance Reservations are strongly recommended as space fills up quickly on weekends.
Contact: (903) 361-8500
Web Site: http://fastrac.com
More Info: http://www.laketexoma.com/event--Fastracs-Sunset--Dinner-Cruise-aboard-Island-Girl/1933
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/dhcweb/public_html/wp-content/themes/Aim/lib/twitter.lib.php on line 101